Where artists' books and the book arts meet online...
Librodeartista.info call for entries to institutions, educational centers, universities, studios, associations, groups and individuals, to participate in the first edition of the international network encounter of the book art, the illustrated books and the art editions; taking place during MARCH, APRIL AND MAY of 2010.
• Realize a simultaneous encounter of virtual and physical character with actions (performances), conferences, exhibitions and workshops on the theme of Book Art, Illustrated Book and about Editions of Art, during the months of March, April and May of 2010, with the intention to create a space of encounter that contributes to lay the foundations of the Latin American Network of Book Art, Illustrated Books and the Art’s Editions.
• Unite the efforts of the different instances to create a transnational circuit of artistic interchange, based on the creation of artist books and its diffusion in the world wide web.
• Create a stable and sustainable market of these supports, which any artist and collector - public or private - within commerce strategies of the fair trade.
• Generate a Common Bank of Knowledge under the denomination of Latin American School of Paper and Book Arts.
DESCRIPTION OF THE ENCOUNTER IN NETWORK
• It will consist of COORDINATING IN NETWORK workshops, exhibitions and presentations, celebrated in the different institutions, associations, groups, etc. that join the call. The goal is to show the present state in these headings, at the same time as to foment the investigation, production and collecting of these art pieces.
• Each one of the participants will have to commit themselves to conduct their own actions – exhibitions, pedagogical actions or research - and to fulfill them in the deadlines and conditions assigned by themselves, as long as it happens within the months established for the First Encounter: March, April and May of 2010.
The action will be of two types:
• PRESENTIAL: They will be realized and they will be digitized to publish them by Internet. This process may vary based on the resources and knowledge of the participants, going from simple text documents to the most advanced use of the media.
• VIRTUAL. They will be realized exclusively in the Web based Network.
STAGES OF THE PROJECT:
• Until the 30 of July, 2009:
o Receptions of the joins and activities proposals. Until of the 30 of August, 2009:
o Joint elaboration of the project and the documentation to facilitate it to the participants and to allow them to ask for supports to its institutions of reference.
• Until the 28 of February, 2010:
o Preparation of shares and digital communication.
o Formation of the participants registered in these means.
• Of the 1 of March to the 30 of June, 2010:
o Accomplishment of the Days.
NOTES ABOUT VIRTUAL SPACES
To its activity or activities in the www.librodeartista.info site upon maturity will be able to be taken, from its own space WEB or Blog whenever they have open channels of syndication (RSS), or any space offered by the Networks, Youtube, Flickr, Blip.tv, etc.
As Network of coordination will be used: http//librodeartista.ning.com www.librodeartista.info will be the page of information of this event.
The management of the courses will be realized through content manager: Moodle, installed in www.librodeartista.info/eipal
In case the work is realized in own page, www.librodeartista.info will create a referenced connection for all the activities of the encounter.
Add a Comment