Artist Books 3.0

Where artists' books and the book arts meet online...


Paper used for inkjet printing, to use as "chine colle" ??

Paper used for inkjet printing, to use as "chine colle" ??

To date I have been using Mingeishi (48gsm) paper recommended by a reputable fine Paper seller in the UK. I have been using it for about 5 or 6 years.

However I have just found out that it is not particularly lightfast, ( this being according to the notes given with its description on their website)

--- not that I have particularly noticed this in terms of its performance.

Mingeishi - White

This paper is made in Korea using Japanese techniques and has a high wood content (60%) with 40% Korean kozo.The wood content gives it a good bulky feel with strong, absorbant qualities. It is neutral pH although it is not particularly lighfast.

Its name, Mingeishi literally means folk craft paper and it accomodates a wide range of uses, including lithography, silkscreen, off-set, calligraphy, painting, pastel, restoration, book binding, decoration and origami.

i would really appreciate feedback thoughts /experiences in regard to this.



Views: 128

Reply to This

Advertising and stuff

Available to everyone: Robert Jacks & Printed Matter 

10 September - 24 October 2016

Printed Matter is pleased to announce Available to Everyone: Robert Jacks and Printed Matter, curated by Peter Anderson.

The exhibition presents two connected bodies of material: a survey of artists’ books by Australian painter, sculptor and bookmaker Robert Jacks (1942-2014), and an extensive selection of publications drawn from Jacks’ own collection, many of which were purchased from Printed Matter in the early years of the organization.




If you are interested in advertising your event, publication  or project here - contact Robert regarding rates.


© 2018   Created by Robert Heather.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service