Artist Books 3.0

Where artists' books and the book arts meet online...

To make Life easier!

I think it would be a good idea to have three choices as to the title? I think one would find they all cross-pollinate in any event. Please, we are ALL in the most experienced artist books makers.  We have been exchanging for quite a while and have come to know the quality we each expect from one another. This will be a free-form book I think, as dictated by the title, BUT - please be respectful towards your fellow participants. Hard/Strong cover, accordion, pamphlet stitch or folded book, A6 when closed, in size.

Participants:

Martine Rastello

Jac Balmer

Cheryl Penn 

Ptrzia

Svenja Wahl

Stephanie Turnbull

Jo-Anne Mary Southorn 

Kathleen Nartuhi

Views: 1374

Replies to This Discussion

So sorry to hear that the crazy weather has done so many damages in several parts of the planet.

Cheryl, don’t worry, books can wait. 

Kathleen, I got your delicate book yesterday. Thank you for that very special creation.

Best wishes to all of you.

Kathleen your book arrived here safe and sound. Such a great interpretation and story.

Jo-anne - wow... that looks BAD! The world is truly upside down.  Here people are still looking for family a week later after were swept away in the torrents. Thanks for everyones responses - please connect with those you have not received books from - we'll get there! 

Hi Jo-Anne and Kathleen, just got back from holiday to find your books waiting for me. Both different and both great. Thank you

I believe I might have the full set!?!
Jo-Anne and Cheryl your books arrived last week.
Apologies for the late response.
I now have a week off work so I am looking forward to sitting down with them all and looking through them x

Svenja, Your lovely book arrived last week.Thank you!  Apologies for my late response— my computer has been plagued by problems. . .  

Kathleen, your book has arrived, it's very felt and beautiful. thank you! i'm sorry to let you know only now, i thought i did but it was only in my head...scattered at the moment :-) 

hugs

Jo-Anne, i have received your beautiful book, thank you! hope your weather has improved, and the situation at the farm settled. crazy weather all around. here too, no summer only rain. best wishes

Hi everybody,

I’m just coming back from 2 (extended) holiday weeks and I’ve just found Cheryl’s book in my letterbox.

Thanks a lot, Cheryl, for that very ’thick’ book ... I haven’t had the time yet to read all the parts but I do understand how all that ’was born’ ! So much material gathered ! That’s the problem with collecting, keeping, stocking - we don’t know why we keep so much stuff but if we throw away, it will be just what we would have needed ! I guess we are all more or less ’keepers/collectors’ !

My #17 collection is almost complete. Jo Ann’s should be here soon. x

Hi Cheryl,

Your book arrived at last. Delayed by the US Post Office due to damage to the envelope, the book itself is in perfect lovely condition! A provocative addition to  #17—it's like stepping into the middle of a conversation.Thank you, I'm enjoying it!

Still nothing from Jo-anne. Hope all is well with you.

Hi Kathleen

I have posted it but it was late.  Been having a very busy time I am sorry.  Jo

RSS

Advertising and stuff

Available to everyone: Robert Jacks & Printed Matter 

10 September - 24 October 2016

Printed Matter is pleased to announce Available to Everyone: Robert Jacks and Printed Matter, curated by Peter Anderson.

The exhibition presents two connected bodies of material: a survey of artists’ books by Australian painter, sculptor and bookmaker Robert Jacks (1942-2014), and an extensive selection of publications drawn from Jacks’ own collection, many of which were purchased from Printed Matter in the early years of the organization.

--------------------------------------

ADVERTISING on AB3.0

If you are interested in advertising your event, publication  or project here - contact Robert regarding rates.

© 2017   Created by Robert Heather.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service