Minnesota Center for Book Arts
DAY OF THE DEAD POSTCARD CONTEST - $250 PRIZE!
Minnesota Center for Book Arts (MCBA) is sponsoring a Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) postcard competition, with all entries to be displayed in its Lobby Gallery from September 16 to November 6, 2011. A $250 “best of show” prize will be awarded. Judging will be by MCBA’s staff.
The rules are simple:
1. Create a postcard using any media: collage, paint, drawing, printing, sewing, photography, digital imagery or any other artistic method
2. The subject matter should reflect the traditions and art associated with Dia de los Muertos
3. Postcards must be EXACTLY 4 inches by 6 inches. Entries that do not meet this criteria will not be displayed.
4. Mail postcards to:
Day of the Dead
c/o Minnesota Center for Book Arts
1011 Washington Ave S, Suite 100
Minneapolis, MN 55415
5. If the card has dimensional elements or a fragile surface, please mail it in an envelope.
6. Artists MAY submit more than one card.
7. Cards WILL NOT be returned but should contain the name of the artist and some form of contact information (email or phone number at a minimum).
8. Cards MUST be received no later than September 12, 2011.