"Yes ...it's very lush and green, having absolutely glorious weather up here atm in 'the wet tropics' region. Thanks for the f.add Jan.
Really enjoyed viewing your work and various conceptual content.
All the best Jan for a…"
Cert.1V Public Art 2003 Qld Far North Qld Institute of TAFE, Cairns Campus, Qld.
Grad.Dip.(Sec.) Ed Art/Craft 1982, Bendigo IAE, Vic.
Diploma Art & Design 1977 Deakin University, Geelong, Vic.
TOP Art 1974, Stawell Technical School
Kerryn Madsen-Pietsch is a contemporary Australian multi & mixed-media visual artist, designer and educator who resides and works in the 'green' and often 'wet' isolated regional rural coastal town of Innisfail (90 km's south of Cairns) in Tropical Far North Queensland. Kerryn, self-employed, co-owns and operates a small art & custom framing retail business, Artropica Innisfail Studio Gallery.
CREATIVE ART AREAS OF PRACTICE
* 2 D (painting, drawing, life drawing, printmaking, illustration, photography, digital/computer)
* 3 D (sculpture, assemblage, installation, public art)
* Object (fibre receptacles, artist books, printed merchandise)
* Conceptual (curator; solo/group exhibitions)
* Design (graphic, textile, industrial)
* Education - professional Qld registered teacher [art/craft/manual arts], tutoring, workshops.
Hello Kerryn, thank you for adding me as a friend :). I also have another website, www.jouperfilament.se but it's still only in Swedish. Started my own workshop last June mainly making prototypes for industrial manufacturing but also smaller series of handmade products, from 1 to approx 300 products. The website will be richer as the activity develops and I will be able to show you more... I need some more time.
Lovely to meet you Kerryn and thanks for the comments on my work... I love the colour pallette you are using in your work, and great use of stitch too. A pleasure to look through, I look forward to your next pics!!!