Megalo is a member-based, visual arts organisation which provides artists and the broader community with access to specialised printmaking facilities and expertise. The Megalo studio facilities include etching, lithography, relief printing, and screenprinting for both fabric and paper.
Megalo aims to foster contemporary arts practice in both fine arts and community arts by providing:
* Excellence and innovation in printmaking in range of print-based artistic programs
* A supportive and creative studio environment
* Access to printmaking facilities, equipment, materials and technical advice
* Classes, workshops and other educational activites for all levels of expertise
* Advice to members, the arts sector and government
* An active program of residencies and exhibitions
Megalo Print Studio is located in Canberra and is funded by the ACT Government. Megalo was established in 1980 as a community access screenprint workshop for paper and fabric printing. In 2000 the etching, relief printing and lithography equipment from the Studio One Print Workshop was incorporated to establish what is now a comprehensive printmaking facility for artists and the broader community.
Comment Wall (2 comments)
You need to be a member of Artist Books 3.0 to add comments!