Inkmasters Cairns Inc is now one year old and we are embarking on our most ambitious programme yet - Inkfest - a festival of printmaking. This includes a national print exhibition, which we plan to grow into one of the most prestigious print exhibitions in the country. Most printmakers would have received an email invitation to participate in our inaugural exhibition in Cairns and a copy of the entry form, and this is just a reminder that entries close on 1 Jun. More on Inkmasters, Inkfest and the entry forms can be found here http://inkmasterscairnsinc.ning.com/
Conditions of entry:
- Artists from around Australia are invited to submit images of up to 2 original prints for selection
- The work entered is to be the work of the entrant and must have been completed after May 2010
- Works in any print medium (or combination of media), including unique state prints, are eligible for selection
- All entrants must submit:
- an entry form
- a high quality image of each work entered, submitted electronically or on CD, in JPEG or TIFF format, 150 dpi and no larger than 1MB in size. Images to be labeled surname, given name, title connected by dash or underscore (eg. smith_jane_landscape.jpg)
- a brief artist’s statement describing the themes or concepts involved in the works submitted for selection – up to 150 words
- a CV of no more than 1 page in length
- oNote: CDs will not be returned.
- Entry forms must be received (either electronically or by mail) by 01 June 2012.
- All artists will be notified by 14 June 2012 if their work or works have been selected for the exhibition
- Selected works must be delivered, unframed, by 16 July 2012 and must be accompanied by a handling fee (cheque to Inkmasters Cairns Inc. if not making electronic bank transfer - see over) $30 (one work), or $40 (two works) for Inkmasters Cairns Inc. members and $50 (one work) or $60 (two works) for non members.*
- Works must be in excellent condition on arrival. Selected artists should package work carefully for transport, as Inkmasters Cairns Inc. is not responsible for works lost or damaged in transit
- Insurance is the full responsibility of the artist at all times. Due care will be taken but Inkmasters Cairns Inc. and the Tanks Art Centre take no responsibility for theft or damage to an item during the exhibition
- All works selected must be available for the duration of the exhibition, 27 July to 22 August 2012
- All works must be available for sale. 15% commission will be retained by Tanks Art Centre, and will be deducted from the artist’s sale price.
- Works selected for the exhibition will be float mounted in exhibition frames where possible, but works falling outside the size limits of our exhibition frames will be hung using magnetic pins
- Works with special hanging or installation requirements must be accompanied by clear instructions
- Artists’ images and statements must be available for use in catalogue publication and in media promotion for the exhibition. Inkmasters and Tanks Art Centre will take care to ensure any publicity of artwork is appropriate
- Artworks not sold during the exhibition will be returned from 24 August 2012. Unsold works will be returned in the packaging that they are sent in, so please include a label with sender address